Tom Shanklin has urged Warren Gatland to re-fresh his Wales back-up team by bringing in a new attack coach. As Wales prepare to take on South Africa in their final Test of the autumn series, former Wales centre Shanklin believes Wales must add a new voice to the mix as they look ahead to the World Cup in two years’ time. In an interview with South African website, Sport24, Shanklin says Gatland should stay in charge, but bring in new blood to enhance Wales’ attacking game.
The Beast is lame and will not be hunting heads for trophies when South Africa pitch up to play Wales in Cardiff on Saturday. Powerful prop Tendai Mtawarira – who has the beastly nickname - has been ruled out of the Springboks’ clash at the Principality Stadium. Mtawarira is sidelined due to a groin injury and will be replaced in the front row by Steven Kitshoff.
Hadleigh Parkes has been told to hit the ground running when he make his debut for Wales – or risk being overtaken by Owen Watkin. New Zealand-born Parkes - from Hunterville, Manawatu in the country's North Island - will make his first Test appearance in Saturday’s Principality Stadium clash against South Africa on the day the 30-year-old qualifies for his adopted country on residency. But if the Scarlets centre already knew the clock was ticking on his international career with a late start, then Wales coach Warren Gatland has told him he is under pressure from Watkin, who is nine years younger at 21.
Wales’ most celebrated rally co-driver, Nicky Grist, says that Elfyn Evans well and truly deserves his place in the M-Sport World Rally Team next year, as the 28-year old Dolgellau driver is confirmed as team-mate to World Champion Sébastien Ogier in the all-conquering Ford Fiesta WRC for the 2018 season.
George North will conduct “interviews” with all four of the Welsh regions before deciding which one to play for next season. The Wales wing – currently out of action with a knee injury - is to leave Northampton at the end of this campaign and return to Wales on a dual contract. But whilst 60 per cent of his salary will be paid for by the Welsh Rugby Union, the contributor of the remaining 40 per cent has yet to be determined with the Scarlets, the Ospreys, the Cardiff Blues and the Dragons all keen to add North to their squad.
Paul Clement has admitted that Swansea City’s loan recruit Renato Sanches has so far been a shadow of the player who lit up Euro 2016 with Portugal. The Swans boss was forced to defend Sanches from strident criticism from some pundits prior to the club’s game at Chelsea and was again trying to put a brave face on the midfielder’ shortcomings after Wednesday night’s 1-0 loss to the Premier League champions.
Bangor City enter the third round of the Welsh Cup this weekend as one of the competition's favourites. The eight-time Cup... Read More