Busy Time For Hotspur After Caersws Defeat

Holyhead Hotspur are facing a busy time in the Huws Gray Alliance.

They have three matches in seven days scheduled, starting against Caersws at home on Saturday.

Hotspur then play twice in three days, travelling to Porthmadog next Wednesday (March 6) and Denbigh Town on Friday.

Penrhyncoch earned their fourth win of the season, coming fron behind twice to beat Holyhead 3-2 in a fiercely contested match.

Hotspur were ahead after four minutes thanks to a Cledan Davies own goal, while Jon Evans equalised after 35 minutes.

John Littlemore restored Hotspur’s lead three minutes before half-time, but less thean two minutes later Evans levelled at 2-2.

The winning goal was scored by Penrhyncoch’s Stef Davies after 59 minutes and Holyhead’s disappointing afternoon dipped again when Dan McGuiness was sent off.

Campbell Harrison’s Hotspur felt they were victims of a hotly disputed decision by referee Tom Owen to show that straight red card with 20 minutes left.

Manager Harrison and assistant Darren Garmey were incensed and in heated discussion with the official well after the game was over.

League leaders Caernarfon Town consolidated their position with a 2-0 home success against Guilsfield.

Darren Thomas and Danny Brookwell, with one in each half, scored the goals for C\aernarfon.

Second-placed Airbus Broughton earned a two-goal success at Caersws. Lance Morgan netted an own goal during the first half, while Alfons Fosu Mensah added the second from a 47th minute penalty.

Airbus should have added to their tally, but Caersws goalkeeper Dave Jones saved a penalty taken by Sanogo Aboubacr’s effort

Holywell Town were the highest scorers as they defeated FC Queens Park 8-0. Mark Winsdlade (3), Sam Jones (2), Steve Lewis (2) and Jon Jones were the scorers.

Denbigh Town led Flint Town United at the break thanks to a Josh Davies goal only for Flint to bounce back in the second half and take the points.

Richie Foulkes equalised just after the hour and Shaun Beck scored Flint’s winner nine minutes from time

After a goalless first half at Llandudno Junction Ruthin Town took a sixty third minute lead through Gwion Owen and the league’s leading scorer Llyr Morris  added a second five minutes later to give Ruthin the points

On Friday evening Rhyl scored twice in each half to beat Gresford Athletic with James Murphy scoring a hat-trick and Stewart Carroll converting a penalty.

Huws Gray Alliance:


Saturday, March 3: Queens Park v Porthmadog (2pm), Gresford v Caernarfon Town (2pm), Ruthin Town v Penrhyncoch (2pm), Airbus Broughton v Rhyl (2.30pm), Flint Town United v Llandudno Junction (2.30pm), Guilsfield v Denbigh Town (2.30pm), Holyhead Hotspur v Caersws (2.30pm).

Tuesday, March 6: Penrhyncoch v Caersws (7.30pm), Queens Park v Denbigh Town (7.45pm).

Wednesday, March 7: Flint Town United v Airbus Broughton (7.30pm), Porthmadog v Holyhead Hotspur (7.30pm).

Friday, March 9: Denbigh Town v Holyhead Hotspur (7.30pm).

One thought on “Busy Time For Hotspur After Caersws Defeat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *