The Dragon from Blaenavon is ready to show he is ‘the greatest’ in his Mixed Martial Arts division.
Mason ‘The Dragon’ Jones competes in his eighth professional fight, having beaten every opponent, when he takes on Finnish sensation Aleksi Mantykivi.
Victory in their clash at Cage Warriors 108 could catapult one of these men to a World title shot and Jones says: “I’m here to show I’m the greatest in this division and that I can defeat anyone.
“I’m really excited to once again put a fight of the night performance in front of a packed home crowd in Wales who’ve been brilliant in recent years supporting the Welsh fighters.”
The countdown has begun to another World-class MMA event at the Viola Arena, home of the Elite League ice hockey play-off champions Cardiff Devils, on Saturday, October 12.
The big day is less than four weeks away when Europe’s best mixed martial arts athletes battle it out in front a packed crowd in Cardiff Bay.
The venue is where Wales’ new Ultimate Fighting Championship star Jack Shore won his last title.
After the huge success of April’s CW104 show in Cardiff, Europe’s leading MMA promotion, Cage Warriors bring another big event to Wales and Jones is headlining the bill.
Proud and ambitious Welshman Jones is widely-regarded as the most exciting Welsh prospect on the European scene, and many predict for him a similar future to previous Cage Warriors champions-turned-UFC stars Jack Shore, Brett Johns and Jack Marshman.
Competing alongside Jones at CW108 is Welsh women’s prospect Cory McKenna from Cwmbran, who has spent her summer in California training with UFC star Urijah Faber to ensure her next performance is a show-stopper.
Other Welsh athletes appearing on the pro card on October 12 are Abertillery-based fan favourite Josh Reed, Cardiff’s Aaron Khalid, unbeaten youngster Oban Elliott from Merthyr Tydfil plus Ben Ellis, an up-and-coming prospect from Porthcawl.
Tickets for Cage Warriors 108 are still available and can be purchased here https://bit.ly/2Zl0fsv. Fans are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
To find out more about CW108 and MMA visit www.cagewarriors.com
• Cage Warriors is Europe’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion and one of Europe’s the fastest- growing sports organisations. MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world, currently attracting 7 million fans in the UK (300m globally).
• Cage Warriors has been hugely successful in creating world-leading MMA Champions as the stepping stone to UFC fights & platform for many of the sport’s biggest stars including Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy all of whom went from Cage Warriors to UFC. Three leading Welsh UFC fighters on the circuit Jack Marshman (Abertillery), Brett Johns (Swansea), Jack Shore (Abertillery) who all came from Cage Warriors.
• New UFC fighter Jack ‘Tank’ Shore (@jackshoreMMA) has a huge fan base across South Wales that has grown further since his high-profile world title win at CW014 in Cardiff in April this year secured him a contract with UFC . He is trained by his father, Richard Shore (a world black belt jiu-jitsu champion) at Tillery Combat Gym in Blaina near Abertillery.
• Wales’ MMA scene is one of the hottest in Europe with a number of young up-and-coming fighters making a serious name for themselves on the European stage. Also on the CW108 card are 6 Welsh rising stars: Mason Jones @masonjones1995 (Blaenavon), female professional fighter Cory McKenna @corymckenna99 (19 from Cwmbran) and Aaron Khalid @KhalidMMA (Cardiff), Josh Reed @crazyhorsemma (Blaenavon), Oban Elliott @ObanElliott_ (Merthyr Tydfil) and Ben Ellis from Porthcawl.
• Cage Warriors host 12 events each year across the UK and Europe with Cardiff a growing hub of activity. President of Cage Warriors, Graham Boylan, believes with Welsh MMA fighters making a name for themselves and popularity in the sport growing rapidly in Wales, it won’t be long before the Welsh capital will host a UFC fight.