Luciano Narsingh insists he is confident Swansea City will be playing in the Premier League next season.
The winger agreed a £4million switch from PSV Eindhoven on a two-and-a-half year deal on Thursday.
Narsingh is set to miss Saturday’s game with a thigh problem but is confident of soon joining what he believes will be a successful relegation fight.
The 26-year-old said: ”It’s a battle to stay up but I believe everything is going to be alright.
“That is why I came because I have the belief in this team so we have to work hard and take points,” he said.
“My agent talked with other clubs but when Swansea came in I said to him I wanted to play for Swansea because of the players who play here.
“I also talked to Leroy Fer and Mike van der Hoorn and when they talked about Swansea, I just knew I wanted to come here.
“I also looked at the games and Swansea also play good football. I believe we won’t be relegated. I would not have signed otherwise.”
Narsingh is already well-known to Swans boss Paul Clement having scored for PSV against Bayern Munich in the Champions League earlier this season.
The two-time title winner added: ’’It was a great moment to score against Bayern and I was lucky Paul was there so he knows me a little bit.
“I have had the chance to speak with him and look forward to working with him.”
Narsingh had been a Swans target since before Clement’s arrival but the ex-Derby boss was happy for the deal to go ahead.
And he won’t be the only arrival at the Liberty Stadium this month with the Swans in talks to sign Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll and Norwich left-back Martin Olsson.
Both deals are expected to be around the £5m mark.
Clement said: “Luciano is a player the club identified before I arrived but I’m more than happy for it to go ahead.
“When I was at Bayern, we played against him at Eindhoven. He’ll bring another dynamic to the team, he has pace, he scores goals and has experience of a higher level. He is a good calibre of player.”
The move for Olsson took on extra urgency after Neil Taylor fractured his cheekbone in a training ground collision with Wayne Routledge.
The Wales defended has had surgery but will be out for at least three weeks and will need a facemask when he resumes training.