By Gareth James
The games are part of the preparations for the resumption of the FIH Hockey Pro League and the subsequent Tokyo Olympics.
Hampstead & Westminster HC duo Shipperley and Draper are part of the 22-strong squad for the forthcoming games in Belgium as the team are finally able to travel abroad after COVID-19 restrictions.
Britain face Belgium on Tuesday (March 2) and Thursday before the games against India (6 & 8 March).
“We’re delighted to be on the road and these matches will be of huge value to the squad in our ongoing preparations for Tokyo 2020,” said Performance Director Ed Barney.
“Our time in the UK has been invaluable and it’s not often that we have the opportunity for such uninterrupted and dedicated training.
“These fixtures present a real opportunity to apply much of what we’ve been working on at Bisham. We know we are in a privileged position to be able to travel and play and that is certainly something the players and staff are relishing.”
GB and Belgium played out two closely fought games in the FIH Hockey Pro League back in November, with the latter coming out narrow victors on both occasions.
The last time India and GB met in a competitive match was at the 2017 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup, where the game finished 2-2.
Great Britain and India are then due to meet again when the FIH Hockey Pro League returns to Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre this May, with games scheduled for 8 and 9 May.
The women’s team will also be in action that weekend against China.
GB Men’s Squad
1) George Pinner (GK) – Old Georgians HC/England
3) Luke Taylor – Surbiton HC/England
5) David Ames – Holcombe HC/England
7) Alan Forsyth – Surbiton HC/Scotland
8) Rupert Shipperley – Hampstead & Westminster HC/Wales
10) Chris Griffiths – Old Georgians HC/England
11) Ian Sloan – Wimbledon HC/England
13) Sam Ward – Old Georgians HC/England
16) Adam Dixon (C) – Beeston HC/England
18) Brendan Creed – Surbiton HC/England
19) David Goodfield – Surbiton HC/England
20) Ollie Payne (GK) – Holcombe HC/England
22) David Condon – East Grinstead HC/England
23) Harry Gibson (GK) – Surbiton HC/England
25) Jack Waller – Wimbledon HC/England
26) James Gall – Surbiton HC/England
27) Liam Sanford – Old Georgians HC/England
29) Tom Sorsby – Surbiton HC/England
31) Will Calnan – Hampstead & Westminster HC/England
32) Zach Wallace – Surbiton HC/England
33) Jacob Draper – Hampstead & Westminster HC/Wales